Payments for LCN Cleanroom Services
The LCN Cleanroom provides access to equipment in exchange for a fee. Our Charging Scheme runs annually in line with the Academic Financial Year, 1 Aug to 31 July. A document detailing the charges is available to registered users within the LDB booking system documents area, or by application to the Cleanroom Manager. All prices quoted by us exclude VAT. See also Note a).
LCN Finance Officer: Linda Okwu, +44 (0)207 679 0070 (Ext 30070) The LCN Finance officer manages the receipt of payments and records them into the UCL finance system.
LCN Cleanroom Manager: Steve Etienne, +44 (0)207 679 9904 (Ext 39904) When the funds are recorded, the Cleanroom Credits will be updated by Cleanroom team
All queries regarding payments should be made to the correct person
Payment from within the London Centre for Nanotechnology, by IDJ
The Project Account Holder should complete the Cleanroom Payment form and submit it by email to Linda Okwu. An IDJ (Intra Department Journal) will then be processed.
Payment from another UCL department to the London Centre for Nanotechnology, by IDT
The Project Account Holder should complete the Cleanroom Payment form and submit it by email to Linda Okwu. An IDT (Inter Departmental Transfer) will then be processed.
Payment from an Institution outside UCL, by Purchase Order
- Supplier on PO is: London Centre for Nanotechnology, 17-19 Gordon Street, London WC1H 0AH
- PO must contain the name of person who will use the cleanroom
- PO must contain the name of that person’s Supervisor with financial authority (Principal Investigator or Manager)
- PO description must state ‘Use of Cleanroom Services by <Name of Individual>’ or ‘Payment for Cleanroom Materials’ as appropriate
- VAT, Our prices exclude VAT. All Zero VAT Purchase Orders must have a Zero VAT certificate attached.
a) For new grant applications from UCL to a UK Research Council, pre approved Full Economic Charging rates apply for the LCN Cleanroom and other facilities. These should appear as a facility on Worktribe under the DI-non staff costs section. Once selected, input the number of hours (units) needed and it should calculate the cost.
b) Users from LCN, UCL, Imperial College and Kings College are considered as Internal users. Costs for other External academic users are higher.
c) Industrial or Commercial users negotiate their rates individually through the LCN Business Development Manager, Tabasum Farzaneh.