A full range of Facilities and Operations Management functions are undertaken within the LCN to ensure that a critical infrastructure is maintained to fully support the needs of the research.
The Facilities and Safety Office is overseen by the LCN Facilities Manager/DSO who is responsible for:
- Monitoring the proper functioning of plant equipment, building services, infrastructure, environment and safety condition (e.g. lighting, heating, water, sanitary services)
- Overseeing all building modification and refurbishment projects.
- Planning, organising and implementing preventive, corrective, proactive maintenance and cost reduction and energy saving programmes.
- Monitoring all complaints regarding building facilities and making the necessary arrangements to resolve them.
- Organising and overseeing the cleaning of all LCN areas.
- Ensuring all LCN Lab/Office and common areas are equipped with correct furniture and equipment.
For more information on: